2-3 years experience in Python development
Experience in Python web frameworks (Django, Flask etc.) and Python analytics libraries (Jupyter, NumPy, Pandas etc.)
Villvay is a software engineering firm specializing in product development for clients in the United States. We constantly seek highly motivated people to help us transform new business ideas into successful, value driven products. If you are highly enthusiastic about the future of technology, smart in problem solving and relentless in your pursuits, you are what we are looking for.
We are looking for a Software Engineer responsible for building Python applications. Your primary responsibility will be to develop back-end services and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and product quality are essential.
- Translating application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Designing, building and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable code Python
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications
- Identifying bottlenecks, bugs and device solutions to these problems
- Helping maintaining code quality, organization and automation
- Exposure to leadership roles, particularly in a development team
- Designing and writing software technical specifications and performing unit testing Documenting processes and development projects
- Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture and relational database design
- Experience with or understanding of web servers (i.e. Apache, Nginx)
- Experience with or understanding of database technologies to include relational databases, NoSQL databases, i.e. Mysql, MongoDB etc.
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Work collaboratively with peers, stakeholders and end-users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Plan for and work flexibly to deadlines
- Working knowledge of agile software development life-cycle