Academically qualified with NCT(Civil)/NCIT/Draftsmanship from a recognized institution or equally qualified.
Habitat for Humanity Sri Lanka is a Christian Non-Governmental Organization that began its operations in 1994. Habitat for Humanity's vision is to create a world where everyone has a decent place to live and in 25 years, Habitat Sri Lanka has enabled over 24,600 families achieve strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter.
Applications are called for the following job opportunities related to a Housing Project based in the Northern and Eastern Provinces:
- Represents the Engineering section at the construction site on a day to day basis.
- Provide technical instructions to beneficiaries, CBOs and contractors
- Verify that habitat construction policies are carried out
- Assist beneficiaries in obtaining required approval from relevant government authorities
- Adhere to the instructions given by the STO / Engineer
- Assist with development and dissemination of appropriate construction guidelines to CBOs/ beneficiaries.
- Assist CBOs / beneficiaries' with the mobilization and hiring of skilled and unskilled labor on individual basis or via local constructions as well as the purchasing of suitable materials and tools.
- Monitoring the quality and progress of construction works.
- Generate and maintaining all construction documents
- Any other duties agreed upon with the Engineer and Senor Technical Officer